Publishing studies on drug therapies based on evidence
Therapeutics Initiative (TI) is an organization, funded by UBC, to provide evidence on drug therapies, independent of corporate entities.
Therapeutics Initiative (TI) at UBC has a website that receives high traffic from healthcare professionals. One of the pitfalls is that their search functionality is not working at all.
They made their last upgrade in 2010 to Drupal 6. This content management system requires the administrator to be technical proficient and so it is cumbersome to make updates to. One of the main objectives is to switch to the more admin-friendly WordPress system.
Design: the new TI site design makes content easy to scan and access.
- Bigger focus on social media on the home page
- Use of prominent buttons for event registration, downloads, and social sharing
- Profiles on the About pages condensed in a grid and can be expanded to view details
Content: I migrate over 200 posts to the new site.
- Better content layout for readability and online scanning
- Use of different post types for better grouping of material.
Functionality: basic functions like search and mobile responsiveness work seamlessly
- Mobile responsive
- Retains multilingual capability
- Search produces results by relevance
- Easier to manage
- Comments are sent to admins for moderation and approval
Resource website • Mobile responsive theme • WordPress CMS • Multi-language (English & Spanish) • Event registration buttons • Blog (News, Letters, etc.) • PDF Downloads • Social Sharing
“Large agencies are backed by a team of experts, but I like being able to talk one-on-one with Tiffany, the person who knows my website inside out.”
Ready to start?
Turn anxiety into excitement. Let’s discuss your vision.